How to keep brain mentally fit?
1. Keep your brain active. Read the papers, solve crosswords, figure out puzzles, socialize, and keep contact with people.
2. Discuss the kinds of medication you are using with your family doctor. Some medicines (including sleeping pills) and certain combinations of medicines may adversely affect your memory
3. Eat healthy. Lack of variety in your food may lead to vitamin deficiency, which can lead to memory problems. Some researchers say that the use of turmeric reduces the risk of AD. Others think a diet high in fruits, vegetables, cereals, but low in meat and dairy products helps.
4. Drink in moderation. The older you get, the less your brain can cope with alcohol.
5. Take plenty of exercise. Improved blood circulation reduces the risk of disorders such as vascular dementia.
6. See your Neurologist (Brain, Spinal Cord & Nerve Specialist) if you feel that you- or one of your loved ones- isn’t behaving or thinking normally.